- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Scrape into a mixing bowl, and cool to warm, about 20 minutes.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, stir in the pecans, cranberries, olive oil, and lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 222 | Total Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 0mg